Saturday 18 January 2014

Open letter to Tobi Johannes Wojuola






Dear Tobi,












I’m not so sure where to begin this letter. Can I start off by saying that you are amazing? Because you are.


I really wish i could get hold of your old picture and show the world, how fast you had a quick head transformation(lol). Even at that, if you are actually reading this at the comfort of your room, raise your head up and you will see the picture am talking about.



I’m so sure that every friend serves a purpose in my life. Friend that’s great in this and friend that is great in that. As small as the circle of my true friend is, I’m so glad you are in it. You are just more than a friend to me right now, you are my brother(i mean this).


It all started when LOL! Mag  brought us together(after we were both shortlisted to be among the top 30, with Raymond, Ahmed, Stanley, Jeff, Austin....). They will always say that, the Lord wont come down to help you, but He will send someone down for your rescue, and that was what the crew of LOL! Mag did that faithful year. Am so glad i made it to the team with you.



I could remember  how little and playful(but determined and focused) we were back then, trying to get use to the college life, getting familiar with new cliq and so lucky to be part of a great family(LOL!). The family which exposed us to great tasks, where we have to consistently brainstorm, act independently and make decisions. Permit me to keep the other part of the story till whenever we all gather(as a family) to celebrate, cause today is all about you. Would love to share some few memory pics though.........










I just have some minutes to spend with the laptop(it would have been pen if not for technology) before i get back to study.


You
You do not tell me stupid shit in an effort to try and make me feel better. You listen to me and share stories about life and how to make our family proud of us. As a law student, you never settle for less vocabulary(you lawyers are well known for that though) which have made you outstanding over the years and also a source of inspiration. Time with you was never a dull moment. You have great advice. The tough advice and ‘that is what i needed to hear at this moment’ advice.


As I said earlier, this letter is just a 'Happy Birthday. I’m so glad you were born'
May you see all your dreams come true and everyday of your life can be filled with much happiness.

Mum
She shall live long on the land of the living to eat the fruits of her labour. I still anticipate that day i will meet her and thank her so much for bearing the pain to carry you for a long period, before seeing the world.

I wont be there to pour you the first bucket of water, but i wish you a fulfill day ahead
Enjoy your day.
You deserve it.
Dont take anyone’s shit today, you know, because its your birthday.
Just tell them ‘I am awesome’

I love you.


Maxwell
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank You Dearest Maxwell. God Bless You! Love You Bro!

    ReplyDelete